Did you know June 30 is Social Media Day? Celebrate the right way in Denver with Colorado Women in Social Media!
Social Media Day Denver
Thursday, June 30
1:00pm | Thrive Ballpark
1415 Park Avenue West
Denver, Colorado 80205
5:00pm | Happy Hour at The Tavern
Join us at 1:00 p.m. for two valuable expert panels at Thrive Ballpark. Make sure to stick around to have some pure, simple FUN with a memorable scavenger hunt powered by social media itself that ends at the best happy hour happening on Social Media Day in Denver. Watch for more details on the happy hour location, coming soon!
What’s happening at Social Media Day Denver?
- You get two 45-minute panel presentations designed to help you skyrocket your success on social media and beyond.
- You get direct access to the brains of 13 experts in social media and marketing.
- You get time to network and make real-world connections with your local Denver tribe.
- You get to join in on the #SMDayDen Scavenger Hunt in downtown Denver. Great time to bond and have fun with the digital community here in Denver. Prizes will be given too!
- You get to end a fun and informative day at happy hour where you can relax, connect with CWSM members and other attendees, and perhaps even win a prize for your Scavenger Hunt efforts. Must be present to win.
Who should attend Social Media Day Denver?
Social media is all about sharing and engaging. Whether you’re new to the social media space or an established influencer online, this event is designed to provide you with a perfect blend of knowledge, networking, and celebration of the calendar day of the year dedicated to what we love: social media!
How do I attend Social Media Day Denver?
Early bird cost is only $15! Pay by June 27 to get this incredible deal. Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on June 27.
Ready? Pay here.
If you choose to pay at the door, cost is $25. There is NO guarantee of entry as space is limited to a total of 45 attendees.
Here’s our agenda for #SMDayDen. Scroll down for more details.
- 1:00 p.m. Check in and Network
- 1:30 p.m. Panel Presentation: Feeling Invisible? How to Get Seen on Social Media
- 2:15 p.m. Break and Network
- 2:30 p.m. Panel Presentation: Beyond Social: How to Skyrocket Your Brand Success
- 3:15 p.m. Pick CWSM Brains for 30 Minutes
- 3:50 p.m. Scavenger Hunt: Orientation, Rules, and Go!
- 5:00 p.m. Happy Hour at The Tavern in downtown Denver
Panel Presentation: Feeling Invisible? How to Get Seen on Social Media
On social media, it’s all about engagement. If you’re simply broadcasting to your audience, you’re missing one of the keys to social media success.
But how do you get others to notice and engage with you?
This panel is presenting a plethora of actionable tips on how to engage effectively on these social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and Snapchat.
Fast Facts: Social Media Stats
- Facebook: first platform to reach a billion registered users!
- Twitter: 320 million monthly active users.
- LinkedIn: two new LI members per second.
- Pinterest: 33% of new users in the last three months are men.
- Instagram: half of users are 34 years old and younger.
- Snapchat: 9,000 snaps (photos) shared per second.
Panel Presentation: Beyond Social: How to Skyrocket Your Brand Success
Why is branding important? Branding is the marketing practice of creating a name, symbol or design that identifies and differentiates your product from other products.
Your brand is your promise to your customer. It tells them what they can expect from your products and services. It differentiates your offering from that of your competitors.
In this panel discussion, we will explore other ways that you can support your brand promise to your customers in tandem with your social media efforts.
Fast facts: 2016 Trends in Branding
- A shift from Brand to Brand Experience
- Making the experience more personal
- Humanizing your Brand
- Branding messages will come from more internal sources rather than external
- Embrace the Customer Experience Model
- Recognize Social Media as a channel not a strategy
Picking Our Brains
You’ll get a simple handout to keep notes on during the two 45-minutes presentations. Afterward, CWSM members will roam the crowd so that you can pick our brains with questions about the information you just heard. We ask that you give consideration to fellow attendees and keep conversations short.
We’re keeping a strict time limit on brain picking: 30 minutes.
Scavenger Hunt: What It Is and How It Works
We’re working on all the fun details. Watch this space for updates. There is a lot of fun happening in Denver, and we’re about to add to it! We’ll break into teams for a walkable scavenger hunt in the nearby neighborhood, sure to include selfies, hashtags, smiles, and of course, social media. The scavenger hunt will ultimately send you to our happy hour, where you can join us for an informal time to socialize and talk more!
Happy Hour at The Tavern Downtown
Gather at The Tavern in downtown Denver to reconnect with CWSM members and other attendees. We’ll tally Scavenger Hunt results and give out prizes around 5:45 p.m. Must be present to win!
→ Yes, I want to celebrate #SMDayDen! Pay here. ←
We love our sponsor Thrive Ballpark! Please visit their page. They are a fabulous Denver-based coworking space with two convenient locations and a third soon to be added.
Thrive Ballpark, early summer 2016, will be expanding into their lower level. With this additional 12,000 square feet of offices and co-working, Thrive will also host a video production studio, edit suite, large training room and fitness element in their new space.